SP180 Principles of Public Speaking
Directions: Be sure to make an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be a minimum of one (1) single-spaced page to a maximum of two (2) pages in length; refer to the “Assignment Format” page for specific format requirements.
1. Create a complete preparation outline using the outline template below.
2. Choose from one of the topics below to develop into an outline.
a. Why banning the use of cell phones while driving should be mandatory nationwide
b. What I see as the biggest challenges young adults face today
3. State the general purpose, specific purpose, and central idea clearly and in the appropriate form.
4. Limit your main points and supporting materials to no more than three.
5. State your main points and supporting materials in complete sentences.
6. Summarize key points of introduction.
7. Summarize the conclusion in one statement.
8. Based on your submitted outline, begin writing the first draft of your speech while studying the next lesson. In Lesson 7, you will study how to write the
components of your speech. The outcome of this process is a final written speech to be submitted as your final assignment in Lesson 7.
Just in case you need an assignment done, hire us. Using our writing services will make your life easier because we deliver exceptional results. Use us to get an A!