Discussion Board #1- Volunteer Ethics
For this assignment, you will post what you feel is the most important Core Value using the Professional Ethics in Volunteer Administration from the Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration. You are expected to read all of your classmates’ posts and respond to at least two peers with thoughtful conversation.
Step 1: Review the Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration: Professional Ethics in Volunteer Administration
First refer back to the Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration: Professional Ethics in Volunteer Administration document from your reading material.
Step 2: Determine which of the five (5) Core Values you feel is most important
Select one of the five core values you feel is most important in the field of Volunteer Administration.
Step 3: Draft Your Initial Post
In your initial discussion board post, (Links to an external site.) you will answer the following two questions using a minimum of 4-6 sentences in your response.
- Identify one of the five Core Values of Volunteer Administration you feel is most important.
- Explain why you feel this Core Value is most important by using the principles of those core values
Your initial response should be at least 4-6 sentences in length.
Step 4: Respond to Peers
After posting an initial response, reply to at least TWO peers. In your responses, remember that we all come from different backgrounds and we all have something to learn from each other. In your replies, provide thoughtful conversation by answering at least two of the following questions:
- Explain whether or not you agree with your peers most important core value and why using supporting feedback from their initial post.
- Respond with supporting feedback as to why this core value is important.
- Respond with supporting feedback as to why this is an important core value, but may not be the most important.
- Ask your peer a question to encourage additional discussion on their views of the most important core value of Volunteer Administration.
There is no set length requirement for your peer responses, but they should be meaningful and encourage dialogue.
To best accomplish this assignment, DO NOT wait until the day the assignment is due to complete your initial post. It is strongly encouraged to stay on track with this assignment to post your initial response no later than Sunday, March 20th to give yourself and your peers time to provide thoughtful and timely responses.
*** NOTE: In order to see your peers’ responses, you will first need to submit your own post.
Your initial post and peer responses are due Tuesday, March 22nd by 11:59 P.M. EST.
The assignment is worth 100 points. See the Volunteer Ethics Discussion Board Rubric for assessment criteria.
Just in case you need an assignment done, hire us. Using our writing services will make your life easier because we deliver exceptional results. Use us to get an A!