As you choose your topic, keep in mind that your goal in English 107 is to create, week-by-week, a college-level research paper. You will submit a final draft of this paper at the end of Week 5. Although you will be allowed to change topics if needed, you should choose a topic this week that you will be comfortable researching and writing about throughout the course.
Regardless of the topic that you choose, be sure to complete the following:
- Watch this instructional video on writing the argument or persuasive essay.
- Format your essay in APA manuscript style. Watch this video for step-by-step instructions: APA style at AIU.
- Include an introduction paragraph (place your thesis statement at or near the end of this paragraph).
- Develop at least 3 main points in 3 body paragraphs, and include at least 1 counterargument.
- The support section of your body paragraphs could contain examples, observations, commonly known facts, personal testimony, descriptions, and other details that do not require citation.
- Watch this instructional video on writing body paragraphs, including the conclusion paragraph.
- End the essay with a wrap-up or conclusion paragraph.
- Check your essay with Word’s spelling and grammar checker. Click here for a video that demonstrates how to use the product.
Format the pages of your project in APA manuscript style in the following order:
- Title page
Note: Do not research this essay or include any citations.
Click here if you need to watch a tutorial on submitting Individual Project files.
For information on Macintosh Word shortcuts, click here.
If you are planning to submit a repurposed or reused assignment, please let your instructor know. If an instructor is not made aware of work being repurposed or reused, an instructor will treat the assignment as a plagiarized task and may post an F grade until proof of originality is provided. Click here for more information.
Content & Organization
Demonstrates understanding of rhetorical mode and uses it to deliver appropriate, detailed and pertinent content structured in a logical pattern. Uses transitional devices to achieve coherence throughout the essay’s three parts: introduction, body and conclusion.
Demonstrates critical analysis of chosen essay topic with the use of relevant, insightful and logical sub-points that form an integrated essay argument in support of a central thesis.
Demonstrates effective college-level syntax and word choice; correct grammar and mechanics. Manuscript is formatted in APA style according to guidelines in the Sixth Edition.
American InterContinental University. (2012, April 18). APA style at AIU [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mxiu9LRUUmY
comptaylor. (2011, April 19). Essay formulas (Part 1): Outline, thesis, intro graf [Video file]. Retrieved from http://youtu.be/TRWkWw3p24A
comptaylor. (2011, April 19). Essay formulas (Part 2): Body paragraphs, conclusion paragraph [Video file]. Retrieved from http://youtu.be/8nXw60X95sg
HowTech. (2012, September 13). How to check spelling and grammar errors in Microsoft Word 2010 [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEYQ2WOM0DA
Private [Video file]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/HNmeu2dErJk
Chapter 1: “Choosing a Topic,” Chapter 2: “The Basic Essay,” pp. 26-42; Chapter 5: “Writing Argument/Persuasion,” Section III: Style Guides: “APA Style: Formatting a Paper.”
- Demonstrate effective strategies to apply critical thinking to research, plan, draft, and revise essays to address targeted audiences in written arguments.
- Demonstrate effective written communication in content, organization, correct grammar, and cited sources in a properly formatted APA document.
There is no additional information to display at this time.
Please no plagiarism, I need 5 page with refereneces inside pargargraphs and at the endi of document please follow instructions please pick a subject from the enclosure.
Just in case you need an assignment done, hire us. Using our writing services will make your life easier because we deliver exceptional results. Use us to get an A!