Problem Set 4
Problem Set Four
1. . A car weighing 14,000 N is speeding down the highway at 80 km/h. What is its momentum?
2. Two ice skaters stand face to face and “push off” and travel directly away from each other. The boy has a velocity of 5 m/s and he weighs 750 N. The girl weighs 480 N. What is the girl’s velocity?
3. A 20,000 kg railroad car is traveling at 5 m/s when it collides and couples with a second, identical car at rest. What is the resulting speed of the combined cars?
4. A soccer player kicks a 2 kg ball with a force of 900 N. His toe is in contact with the ball for 2 s. What is the impulse?
5. A force of 140 N is required to push a table 5.0 meters across a level floor. How much work was done?
6. If 10,000 J of work was done to raise a 225 kg box, how high was the box raised?
7. What is the velocity of a 1,500 kg car if its kinetic energy is 350 kJ?
8. A 125 kg mass is on a cliff 55 m high. What is its potential energy?
9 How much work is done moving a 2.4 kg book to a shelf 4.0 m high?
10. A 150 pound man runs up a stairway 20 feet above ground level in 15 s. How much work did the man do?
Just in case you need an assignment done, hire us. Using our writing services will make your life easier because we deliver exceptional results. Use us to get an A!