Through this assignment, you will have the opportunity to create a position/role description for a volunteer activity. In your module readings you saw two examples of a volunteer role description and a sample template of important elements that should be included. To be successful in this assignment complete the following steps:
- Find and choose a nonprofit organization (through an online search or one with which you are familiar).
- Determine a volunteer opportunity you feel could be helpful in achieving the mission of the organization.
- Create a Volunteer Role Description that includes the following items (in the order you feel is best):
- Volunteer Position Title
- Use your creativity with this. Make your position a title YOU would want to have.
- Purpose of the role
- Be sure to relate the purpose to the organizations mission.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This section must include a minimum of 6 individual duties/responsibilities
- Time Commitment
- Be specific (dates, hours, length of time, etc.)
- Skills & Qualifications
- This section must include a minimum of 5 skills and/or qualifications
- Training Requirements
- Two (2) or more additional headings from the readings you feel are important to include in a volunteer role description.
- Your design should look professional and well organized. Utilize headings and incorporate the organizations logo along with other design elements you thing would attract a potential volunteer.
- Your Volunteer Role Description should be a minimum of one full page, but no more than two pages in length.
- Be sure to use 12-point font, Times New Roman, 1-inch margins.
- Title your assignment – [Student Name] Volunteer Role Description. For example: Sidney Schuttrow Volunteer Role Description
- Upload this document to the Assignment within Canvas to be graded.
This assignment is due Tuesday, April 5th by 11:59 P.M. EST.
Please refer to the rubric below for information on how you will be assessed.