WRITING ASSIGNMENT 3B The Cold War
Allied during World War II, within two years postwar antagonism led the United States and the Soviet Union into a new conflict that will continue until the end of the 20th century. From its beginning, the United States and the Soviet Union blamed the other for the cold war. Historians currently offer a more critical perspective and differing views as to who was actually responsible.
In order to prepare you must complete the following readings:
- Review and identify relevant sections of Chapter 27.
- Read the linked documents. The site will open to the introduction page. You must select the document transcript tab located on the upper right-hand side to open the actual document.
- The Truman Doctrine: http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?doc=81
- The Marshall Plan: http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?doc=82. As you read the document, consider the following questions- What arguments are being made in this statement by President Truman in support of the Marshall Plan? What re world events are directly and indirectly alluded to? What message is Truman sending to the Soviet Union and its satellites in this statement?
- Utilize at least one of the linked sources provided in this assignment to support your discussion.
- Identify and incorporate at least one additional outside source to support your discussion. In addition to the textbook, you may use any material outside of the textbook that is recommended in the Additional Reading section at the end of each chapter. You are also encouraged to do your own research and identify relevant sources. Please keep in mind that WIKIPEDIA is not an acceptable reference.
PREPARE AND SUBMIT:
Write a well-organized essay, a minimum of 700 words (but not limited to), including supporting details from the documents/textbook/other sources, in which you a analyze and discuss the material that has been assigned by addressing the following question:
Identify and discuss the major conflicts between the United States and the Soviet Union that resulted at the beginning of the Cold War, and explain important ways in which both nations contributed to the worsening of cold war tensions. As part of your discussion, you should address who, in your opinion, started the cold war.
- Use Microsoft WORD to write the essays. The acceptable submission file types are .doc, .docx, and .rtf.
- Prepare the assignment as a Word Document, double-spaced, and using a standard font of 12 points.
- Paragraphs in an essay are not numbered. Any questions that are associated with an assigned reading are there to serve as a guide for your discussion.
- Your discussion should incorporate all of the information from the documents and or textbook, and outside sources as one essay.
- Students are required to research and incorporate into their discussions additional sources that relate to the content. Recommendations can be found at the end of the textbook chapter in Additional Reading.
- All statements must be supported and all sources must be identified and cited, and included in your reference list. This also applies to the textbook. Failure to do so constitutes Plagiarism, and the college has strict policies and penalties for failure to comply. Under the Resources tab, you will find links to sites that review how to format a paper or essay. I recommend that students use APA or Chicago Style to format their essay. Students should ask their instructor which format style they prefer you to use.
- Proofread your work. Make sure that you have looked for all of the spelling and grammatical errors and corrected them, and that you have organized your work into coherent paragraphs.
- Submit it to the Dropbox as an ATTACHMENT. Any work that is submitted directly into the box will be graded as a 0.
Point Value: 100
- Analysis and discussion (60%)
- Support for discussion (30%)
- Organization (10%)
Reminder: All written work must comply with standard English rules, such as proper capitalization, grammar, and spelling. The assignment must be submitted by the deadline listed on the calendar.
Note: Even though you will see a statement giving you the option of copy/paste or file attachment, please disregard this statement. You are required to attach the assignment in MS Word format.
Links have been provided to various sites that offer guidance for essay writing, and APA format. This information is located in the “Student Writing Resources Folder” under the “Course Content” menu option,
Just in case you need an assignment done, hire us. Using our writing services will make your life easier because we deliver exceptional results. Use us to get an A!