Assignment 4: Business Plan – Final
This assignment worth 150 points
consists of two sections: your final business plan and your business plan financials. Note:
You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment.
You have completed all the necessary sections of your business plan and will now create a final draft. Use any/all feedback you have received to revise/polish your plan to the point that you could confidently show it to investors and potential partners or customers.
Refer to the outline of a business plan beginning on page 399
of the course text. Not all businesses will include all these components in this order, but use the outline as a guide. Specifically, your plan will not require the development, milestones, and exit plan sections of the business plan.
Section 1: Business Plan – Final (MS Word)
Construct a 10–30-page business plan. Note: Twenty pages
are sufficient for most businesses. The majority of this is already complete.
· Write a 1–3–full page executive summary
for your business plan, in which you justify all the following:
a. A clear and concise business concept
b. A thoroughly planned business concept
c. A capable management structure
d. A clear-cut market need
e. Significant competitive advantages for your business
f. Realistic financial projections
g. That investors have an excellent chance to make money
h. A realistic and developed exit plan
Read Chapters 4 and 18 of the course text, Successful Business Plan
. Use the plan preparation worksheets on pages 58–61
and the sample executive summaries on pages 62–66
to help guide you; choose to write either a synopsis summary or a narrative summary and include highlights from each section of your business plan
- Combine all the sections stated below and revise your initial business plan draft, which you submitted (Operation, Technology, and Management Plan with Financials) based on feedback you have received.
· Executive summary
· Company description(Assignment 1– Company Description and SWOT Analysis) Overall Score-93.50/100
· Industry analysis and trends(Assignment 1– Company Description and SWOT Analysis)
· Target market(Assignment 2-Marketing Plan and Sales Strategy) Overall Score-100/100
· Competition(Assignment 2-Marketing Plan and Sales Strategy)Strategic position and risk assessment(Assignment 1– Company Description and SWOT Analysis)
· Marketing plan and sales strategy(Assignment 2-Marketing Plan and Sales Strategy)
· Operations plan (Assignment 3- Operation, Technology, and Management Plan) Overall Score-80/100
· Technology plan (Assignment 3- Operation, Technology, and Management Plan)
· Management and organization plan (Assignment 3- Operation, Technology, and Management Plan)
· Ethics and social Responsibility plan (Assignment 3- Operation, Technology, and Management Plan)
· The Financials (Week 7 Discussion– Business Plan Financials)Overall Score-80/90
§ The financial section of your business plan will be derived from the previously completed financial worksheets.
§ The financials and the management description must spark enough interest to convince a reader to continue. Enhance the two mentioned sections to engage the reader.
Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
· Cite the resources you have used to complete the exercise. Note: There is no minimum requirement for the number of resources used in the exercise.
· The paper must be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
Section 2: Business Plan Financials (MS Excel worksheets bundled with course textbook)
1. For year one, submit a revised income statement, cash flow projection, and balance sheet from the “Business Plan Financials” Excel template based on your feedback from Project Deliverable 3: Operations. Technology and Management Plan with Financials – Draft. You will submit the entire completed and revised Excel worksheet.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Construct a business plan with an executive summary that justifies a clear concept, a management structure, a market need, competitive advantages, and financial projections.