Analyze the interrelationships of communication within organizational systems.
Use a decision-making model of your choice to analyze and provide recommendations to address an organizational communication problem you have experienced.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze business communication situations.
- Describe an organizational communication problem.
- Competency 2: Analyze the interrelationships of communication within organizational systems.
- Explain a decision-making model.
- Describe a solution to an organizational communication problem using a decision-making model.
- Justify how recommended solutions address a communication problem.ï»¿
- Competency 3: Communicate effectively.
- Write clearly to convey the intended content and follow APA rules for attributing sources.
There are a number of organizational communication issues, including problem solving, organizational conflict, strategic management, communicating change, and the use of technology and its impact on communication. The Assessment 5 Contextdocument contains important information about these topics
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Hindle, T. (2008). Guide to management ideas and gurus. London, GBR: Profile Books/The Economist.
- This e-book addresses a broad range of management topics, including key issues addressed in this course. It is a helpful resource to refer to throughout the course.
- Hodgkinson, G. P., & Starbuck, W. H. (Eds.). (2009). The Oxford handbook of organizational decision making. Oxford, GRB: Oxford University Press.
- Nutt, P. C., & Wilson, D. (2010). Blackwell encyclopedia of management: Handbook of decision making. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Brunsson, N. (2007). The consequences of decision-making. Oxford, GBR: Oxford University Press.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BUS-FP3050 – Fundamentals of Organizational Communication Library Guide to help direct your research.
The resources listed below are relevant to the topics and assessments in this course and are not required. Unless noted otherwise, these materials are available for purchase from the Capella University Bookstore. When searching the bookstore, be sure to look for the Course ID with the specific –FP (FlexPath) course designation.
Just in case you need an assignment done, hire us. Using our writing services will make your life easier because we deliver exceptional results. Use us to get an A!