750 words, with citations and references. Thesis statement included. For the poem Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening. Consider the following questions for the poem that you have chosen: Include 3 – 4 in the paper.
- What is or are the theme(s) of the poem?
- Is there a literal setting or situation in the poem? What lines from the poem tell the reader this information? What details does the author include?
- Is the setting symbolic?
- How would you describe the mood of the poem? What elements contribute to this mood?
- Is the title significant to the poem’s content or meaning? How?
- What major literary devices and figures of speech does the poet use to communicate the theme(s)?
- How are rhyme and other metrical devices used in the poem? Do they support the poem’s overall meaning? Why or why not?
- Is the identity of the poem’s narrator clear? How would you describe this person? What information, if any, does the author provide about him or her?
- Does the narrator seem to have a certain opinion of or attitude about the poem’s subject matter? How can you tell?
YOU do not have to include all these questions, it is just something for you to think about.