The assignment:In approximately 1-2 pages, please complete the following:
- With your Research Essay topic in mind, write the claim (thesis statement) you intend to make in your paper, in 1 sentence.
- Identify the strongest support you have for your thesis. Describe the research it rests on, including the source information.
- Explain what information you still need to gather from sources.
- Describe how your essay will be organized (i.e. problem/solution, cause/effect, etc.).
- In the same document, construct an outline of the major points you plan to make in your essay (see p. 72 of The Everyday Writer for an example format).
Assignment Requirements:For this assignment, you should:
- Write an arguable thesis statement that makes a claim.
- Explain source support you found for your thesis.
- Determine the information you still need to gather.
- Create a detailed outline, using the format of your choice.
- Write your name, course title, instructor’s name and date at the top of the document.
- Type in a Word document with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Double-space your assignment.
- Use a standard font (Times Roman or Arial) in 12 point size.
- Include only one space after periods or other punctuation marks.
- Indent your paragraphs, with the first line being 5 spaces from the left margin (using the Tab key).